Friday, September 16, 2011

Realization

     All day long I sit at a cubicle for a very large cell phone company helping our customers with technical support over the phone. At times it can be very stressful, although any job in customer service is going to cause stress, right?  The benefits are great, my co-workers are really nice people. The money is good enough for what I'v learned & accomplished so far in my life, but bad enough to make me want to accomplish & learn more.
     I help people use their cellphones, USB modems, and PDAs.  I resolve their technical issues, whether it be device/user error, a network issue, or just sending them a replacement phone.  Weaving between the phone lines, you can hear the enthusiasm/stress/cheer/ in my voice.  I'm a pretty optimistic guy and it shows in my every day life and actions.
     But, it's pretty straight forward life now, or at least it seems.  So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to go back to school for Visual Communications:Graphic Designing.  Big whoop your thinkin?  I chuckled to myself as I typed it and realized how common this career path is.  I'm 31 years old and have not taken an art class since high school.  I was a computers/business major in college.
     This blog is about me switching from a "left-side" brain frame of mind. Things like processing things in a logical and sequential order to a "right-side" mind frame. Like creativity, being more visual and processing things intuitively and random.  Should be fun for all of us.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment