Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Color Wheel


So this is my first time working with paint in over 12 years!! It was pretty basic, we just had to make the color wheel. I remember when my teacher was explaining why complimentary colors affect us. The way he explained it was pretty interesting, stating that the cones in our eyes cause our brains to have a natural reaction when 2 colors are combined and they kinda "get excited", causing our eyes to naturally become drawn to them. Purple was the most difficult to make, thank god he included a tube of purple paint in the art kit. In addition to the color wheel, we made additional rows showing additional affects. Row 1 is just your basic grayscale from black to white. Row 2 is a value scale, which is basically choosing a color and adding black/white to it to add shading or tint. The 3rd row is an intensity scale, which is where we choose complimentary colors on opposite sides and adding the other color to intensify the 1st color, and as you get closer to middle....it creates brown.....complimentaries always make brown. Fun stuff, and I didn't get that much paint on me. Woot!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment