Wednesday, September 28, 2011

12 techniques

So the color wheel was pretty easy, although if I'm going to be paying attention to detail, I best start stickin' to them there lines.  It is a basic art class, so I look at the color wheel painting as being a warm up.  On to bigger and better things now.  Our next assignment was a easy break down of 12 common techniques for painting.
quick breakdown, and some links for resources if it's been 12+ years for you too ;)

blending for volume
non-brush manipulation - "oh some pretty friendly little trees over here"
block out or masking - if you've painted a room, you've essentially done this
multiple color load - "just dip n spread" ....I'm keepin it PG, are you?

Gotta love Google and Wiki

Boo!  I know.....No finger painting on this list.  I'm not sure how I did it, but I also mixed up the numbers in the boxes and went out of order for the assignment. No biggie tho.  This was a pretty simple project, and I'v come to realize I'm diggin' water coloring.  After the layout, we were assigned out 1st project...or maybe 3rd....hmmm, it's kept me busy for the past 4 classes, so yeah the 1st project.  I'll talk about that and show my progress in a few days.

My art kit is also getting to be a pain to lug around in a big mesh psuedo-portfolio carrier, so I'm shopping for a condensed carrying case.  Accessorizing!!!  I'm running out of white paint already too.  This new venture is costing more too, but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment