Monday, December 12, 2011

No Winter break for me

As the fall semester comes to an end, I'v chosen a book to read in between semesters.  Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction, you can check it out if interested here.  Since I'll be talking about user interfaces more often, I want to educate myself on the theory behind it all.  I made sure to pick a book that is fairly recent and includes technology and practices used today.  I work in a highly fast paced industry, and I figure, I should know the latest and greatest in all aspects of the Human-Computer Interfaces.  This should be fun for me and beneficial to the readers (Hello!!?  Are you out there?)


Some bullet points about the book:
  • Boasts completely updated content on interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design, and more
  • Includes coverage on the latest technologies and devices such as social networking, Web 2.0, and mobile devices
  • Develops and updates all featured case studies, examples, and questions to illustrate technical, social, and ethical issues you may face
  • Explains the various principles of interaction design and how to apply them
  • Places special emphasis on how to design interactive products that enhance and extend the way people communicate, interact, and work



1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Funny I found this posting just today. Yesterday I found the doctoral thesis of one of the key developers of Moodle. It described how he used HCI principles to re-design the Quiz module of Moodle. Made for a great reading! Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the link to it. It described the entire process of how he did usability testing, used a focus user group and worked through the re-design with prototypes and further testing.

    ReplyDelete