Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crystallographic "Drrrooooiiiiddd"



A while back I mentioned I felt brainwashed due to the subject of my symmetry art project. The infamous droid eye. I decided to go with the crystallographic approach of symmetry with the project. I remember my teacher checking out my progress and not knowing what the "Droid" eye was about. The minute I mentioned smartphone he laughed and pulled out his flip phone stating, "It's all I need". Regardless, he liked the focus I used with complimentary colors, and using colored pencils for the whole thing. I just have a few other things to do and it'll be done. I'v held off on it while I work on my repetition project and box art. The box art project will be fun, I'm either doing a scene from 5th Element or The Nightmare Before Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment